PayPal

Monday, September 26, 2011

Don't Believe Everything You Think?!?!

Believe nothing you hear and half of what you see. Don't believe the hype. What SHOULD we believe? If it's not our eyes or ears or even popular opinion...it must be our minds, right? Unfortunately, even that is unsafe.

You ever "thought" you had met the one? That woman (or man) that you would be with for the rest of your life? I mean...not just because she was attractive. No, you could recite a list of reasons why she was your soul mate, your best friend, the one you wanted to spend the rest of your life with (cue Pure Soul's "we must be in love"). So if what YOU believe is correct...where is that bitch now? I bet she surprised you. The break-up probably included the words "I never thought you would do that to me" or some variation thereof.

That's like child who never grows up enough to realize that whatever he knows is temporary. What you think today will (and should) change as your life goes on and you continue to learn. If you still believe everything you did when you were a child...how simply wonderful your life must be (and how wonderfully simple YOU must be). Yes I thought she was the one for me...until I found out she was an alcoholic and had no desire to do anything with her life that didn't involve marijuana and night clubs. By changing my mind am I being phony? Hell no...I'm being realistic.

Speaking of real...none of us really knows what's going on. Which is why it's laughable to see people trying to convince OTHER people to think the same. Why would I trust YOUR judgement over my own? I've just given examples of how I can be wrong...what would make me think YOU can't be wrong? And yet, daily somebody loses a friend over belief. Whether religion, art, even science (keep in mind even scientists at one time thought the earth was flat) whatever you believe is possibly wrong.

Yeah I know...you HAVE to believe SOMETHING, right? I don't. We can discuss it all. But I won't be pissed if you think differently than I do. Because it's arrogant as hell to believe that God chose me to impart all of His wisdom and not you....wait, you don't believe in God? I guess we can't be friends...
Stop it B


No comments:

Post a Comment